must have monday; Argan Penetrating Oil

19:00

I picked up the OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil from Boots as a part of their 3 for 2 offer; after getting the shampoo and conditioner from this brand I hoped the oil wouldn't be too bad. 


When working with oils you need to listen to what your hair needs, for example straight hair tends to be quite oily and moisture-rich to start with and curly hair is naturally much much drier hence the frizziness associated with curly hair. So if you have straight hair then using too much oil could just lead to your hair looking like a disco ball of grease. My hair is naturally curly and quite dry, and on top of this is the heat and colour damage which also has dried out my hair. So basically, my hair was in need of a lot of TLC.

This oil is wonderful, it's not a miracle in a bottle but for my hair personally it comes pretty close. What's so good about this oil is that it does not actually feel just like an oil, it has a slightly thicker texture somewhat like a serum which feels more pleasant when you're working it between your hands. The other thing is how quickly its absorbed by the hair, there isn't a reason for your hair to become greasy with this product as long as you don't over do it. 

When using products like this it's always best to apply the product from the tips of your hair to about half way up usually at the top of your ears is where you should stop. Oils aren't necessary on your scalp, unless you're planning on doing a head massage which you then wash out. On the ends of my hair, this oil left the dry and damaged parts feeling so nourished. So with all this moisture my hair looked healthy and shiny again. 

The product states you should apply this on damp hair, and yes it works wonderfully so initially i was skeptical on using it on dry hair. I don't wash my hair more than once a week, so I tried it out on my dry second day hair and it worked just as well. I didn't leave my hair feeling like it had product build up on it, it just felt soft and looked very healthy.



The packaging is really important with oil products as you want something which would make using the oil easy and this simple packaging allows you to put out whoever much oil you need (this shouldn't be more than a 10p coin size) and it's secure and doesn't leak. I think it would be safe enough to travel with. The scent of the product is very very verryyyyyy nice, you'll probably find yourself sniffing your hair throughout the day.



Overall this product is great, and no matter what your hair type is, as long as you start off with less product you can work out how much is necessary for your actual hair. Price wise it wasn't too much, I picked mine up at £7.35 from Boots but as stated earlier Boots tend to do the 3 for 2 offers regularly which makes it a bargain deal. 

If you try out this product be sure to let me know how it worked for your hair.

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe